- Location: Geelong
- Statuses: Part time
- Duration: Weekends – 8:00 am to 2:00 pm
We are looking for experienced communications centre consultant to provide exceptional customer experience outside our standard hours of business.
If you have excellent communication, interpersonal and organisational skills and have the ability to build strong ongoing relationships across all levels of the business and with our customers.
Barwon Asset Solutions (BAS) is a 100% locally-based maintenance services company, and a wholly owned subsidiary of Barwon Water.
BAS provides high quality, smart, asset maintenance and project management services to Barwon Water, its customers and the community.
Operating 24 hours a day, seven days a week, every day of the year, BAS supports Barwon Water’s mission to provide efficient water and sewerage services in an environmentally responsible manner.
BAS and Barwon Water are proud to be building a safe, diverse and inclusive workforce and in ‘going the extra mile’ to create opportunities for people of diverse backgrounds and experiences.
We care about where we live and work, and we are always looking for like-minded people to join our team.
About the role
You’ll work as part of a team that is dedicated to the provision of quality customer support services facilitating the reporting of emergencies and faults via the dedicated ‘hotline’ and on-line channels. Other key responsibilities include on-line monitoring of systems, works dispatch and liaison with our team, customers and stakeholders.
You will be the first point of contact for our customers and responsible for ensuring a great level of service is provided in every call.
In this role, you will be listening to customer’s needs, offering solutions and handling complaints when required. You will manage inbound and outbound telephone calls, and will also be required to solve customer problems and effectively prioritise your work.
You will interact with customers via a variety of communication channels, including webchat, SMS and web portals, ensuring an effortless customer experience.
You will be customer focused, coupled with excellent verbal and written communication skills. You will be IT proficient and have a diagnostic mind, with the ability to problem solve being one your strengths.
You also have the ability to multi-task along with strong organisational and decision making skills.
You will enjoy collaborating with others to service the needs of our customers and community.
What we’re looking for
- Someone able to provide awesome customer experience.
- Past experience in an inbound contact centre is advantageous, within a utilities environment, highly desirable.
- Someone with the proven ability to multi-task, experience in handling complex enquiries in a multi channelled environment would be advantageous.
- Self-motivated and results focused, attention to detail and a strong sense of urgency, where required.
- A high level of professional phone etiquette which provides the customer with a positive first impression.
- Someone who takes pride in what they do and work under their own direction.
Why join us?
We value your professional growth. We embrace diversity. We value fairness and equal opportunity.
Some of our exciting opportunities and benefits include:
- rewarding personal development
- an award-winning health, mental health, and wellbeing program
- flexible leave and ‘purchased leave’ arrangements
- access to pro-rata long service leave, including carry-over arrangements from the Victorian public sector
- height-adjustable sit/stand desks
- free annual flu vaccinations
- 24-hour employee assistance program
- an industry superannuation fund
- and much more.
Get in touch
Does this opportunity sound like it might be a good fit for you?
Our work requires more than just engineering and scientific solutions. We’re learning from the tens of thousands of years of knowledge and insight from Traditional Custodians. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply for this position.
Enquiries to Daryl Goodgame, Logistics Coordinator Civil Maintenance, on 041954 3189.
Applications close Friday, 29 May 2020.