Communications and Engagement Adviser
- Location: Geelong
- Duration: Full time, 12 month fixed term
We are looking for a Communications and Engagement Adviser to support to our Communications and Engagement team with the delivery of communications and engagement services, strategies and materials including event management and community education.
Barwon Water is Victoria’s largest regional urban water corporation, with more than 110 years’ experience in delivering world-class water, sewerage and recycled water services to our customers and community. More than just taps and toilets, we’re a pivotal player in the region’s ongoing social, economic and environmental prosperity.
We care about where we live and work, and we’re always looking for like-minded people to join our team.
We acknowledge Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples as the Traditional Owners and Custodians of the land on which we live and work, and we’re committed to building strong, meaningful partnerships with local indigenous communities. We celebrate diversity, and encourage Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples to apply for our career opportunities.
About the role
The Communications and Engagement team is a collaborative one and we need someone who can build strong relationships and assist with communications and engagement projects and campaigns.
You’ll develop and deliver communications and engagement plans, strategies and materials for key projects, and undertake activities such as developing customer and community friendly information including letters, newsletters, fact sheets, FAQs, EDMs, reports, online and advertising content. You’ll also coordinate and host community and online events and provide administration assistance to the Communications and Engagement team as required.
You’re a knowledgeable Communications and Engagement Adviser with experience in developing and implementing communication and community engagement strategies and ability to work flexibly in a fast paced environment. You’ll have the opportunity to work creatively on a variety of projects across the organisation.
We are currently working remotely, with regular video meetings and other virtual catch-ups. We will set the successful candidate up with a laptop, headset and other equipment they need to work remotely.
You have a creative mindset and highly developed communication skills with the ability to clearly articulate messages to a variety of audiences.
You take direction easily and have exceptional attention to detail to deliver with accuracy.
Self-motivated with strong organisational skills, you can multitask and meet deadlines.
What we’re looking for
- Suitable qualifications which could include a Diploma, Advanced Diploma or Tertiary degree in Communications, Public Relations, Social Sciences, Journalism or a related field.
- Knowledge and experience in communications and engagement roles and environments.
- Experience in the water industry, infrastructure or similar industry would be advantageous.
- Demonstrated experience in developing and implementing communications and community engagement strategies and plans.
- Collaborative team member who works extremely well in dedicated and cross functional team environments.
Why join us?
We value your professional growth. We embrace diversity. We value fairness and equal opportunity.
We’re flexible and know the importance of work/life balance. If you’re a parent or caregiver, studying or have other needs, we can support you with flexible work hours and leave options.
Some of our exciting opportunities and benefits include:
- rewarding personal development
- an award-winning health, mental health, and wellbeing program
- flexible leave and ‘purchased leave’ arrangements
- access to pro-rata long service leave, including carry-over arrangements from the Victorian public sector
- best-practice innovation and employee recognition programs
- free annual flu vaccinations
- 24-hour employee assistance program
- a social club geared towards you and your family
- an industry superannuation fund
- and much more.
Get in touch
Does this opportunity sound like it might be a good fit for you?
Enquiries to Kate Manning, Senior Strategic Engagement Advisor, on 03 5226 2580.
Applications close Wednesday, 19 August 2020.
Click Here to Apply now