Program Manager – Digital Modernisation
Job no: 495567
Work type: Senior Officer Contract, Temporary Full Time
Classification: Senior Officer
Categories: Information Technology, Project Management
We are committed to working together for a thriving community. We do this by delivering over 130 services to our rapidly growing population and working hard to protect and improve what it is that makes Greater Geelong such a great place to live.
We’re going through an exciting period of change that will help us serve our community better. From digital modernisation to the contemporary office we’re building in Central Geelong, now more than ever is a great time to join our diverse and inclusive team.
About the Role
In this role you will be working in the information Technology team and will lead the City’s Digital Modernisation program, which incorporates a refresh of core business systems, transformation of asset management, deploying an online bookings platform, establishing data management function and overseeing workforce mobility infrastructure.
Key responsibilities include:
- Developing and managing senior stakeholder engagement, and program communication, including regular program progress reports for stakeholders and customers.
- Ensuring strategic alignment of program and work closely with senior executive, managers and stakeholders [RM1] to identify, measure and report on organisational benefits.
- Developing and managing the market approach for the Program.
- Defining and managing project scope and schedule including objectives, milestones and budget.
- Working closely with other major programs and projects to manage interdependencies, competing priorities and generate cross fertilization.
To be successful in this role, you will have:
- A relevant tertiary qualification and extensive program management experience, or an equivalent combination of qualifications and experience.
- Greater than 10 years experience, in managing programs with a large, complex and technical Request for Tender (RFT) process, from developing a market approach, to vendor selection and awarding of contracts.
- Demonstrated experience in a similar position within the public sector and/or local government.
- Demonstrable experience managing enterprise wide major ICT projects involving integration, data migration and digital transformation.
- Highly developed conceptual, analytical and problem-solving skills in an ICT environment working with complex and/or challenging internal and external stakeholders.
As a member of our team, you’ll enjoy the benefits of:
- flexible work arrangements
- paid parental leave (14 weeks)
- a healthy and safe environment
- our employee wellbeing program
- discounted memberships at Swim Sport and Leisure facilities
- career development opportunities.
Applications and Enquiries
Click the Position Description link to view more information about this position. Applicants must address the Key Selection Criteria as listed in the position description.
Click the Apply for this job button to submit your application or find out more about this opportunity.
City of Greater Geelong values equal opportunity, fairness and enjoys a diverse and inclusive workforce. Applications are encouraged from people with a disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander descent, and people of all other cultural backgrounds.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time