Employer: Victorian Trades Hall Council
Work Type/s: Full time
Sector/s: Not for Profit (NFP)
The Victorian Trades Hall Council (VTHC) is looking for someone who want to make a difference.
We are seeking to employ a Project Organiser on a short-term contract, until December 2021, to work as part of our Jobs team. The Project Organiser will work on the VTHC Job Readiness and Pathways Project and will be responsible for providing pre-employment support and pathways development for those seeking to do a traineeship or apprenticeship and contact with potential employers. This project overall supports participants from First Nations, diverse and migrant backgrounds, long term unemployed people and women who want to work in male dominated trades in order to go on to secure employment.
Victorian Trades Hall Council offices are in Carlton however the work will be undertaken across Victoria. The position is in a small team funded by the Victorian Government.
Personal, professional and cultural mentoring support is also available for this position under the 3 Fires Aboriginal Mentoring Program delivered by Wan-Yaari Aboriginal Consultancy Services.
- Be one of the first points of contact for participants in the project, develop one to one relationships and also write case notes.
- Work with participants to improve their soft skills (e.g. hold mock interviews with participants, etc.).
- Co-ordinate the delivery of the Job Readiness modules to project participants (online or in person dependant on restrictions).
- Provide support to First Nations and some other participants to increase their job readiness e.g. assist participants to write resumes and cover letters and write and submit job applications.
- Liaise with potential employers, including government projects, taking participants into their workforce.
- Provide administrative support to the Project Coordinator as needed.
- Bring together First Nations comrades in affiliate unions to ensure culturally appropriate and safe programs.
- A commitment to social justice and trade union principles.
- An understanding of First Nations history and barriers faced in employment.
- Ability to work sensitively with people from First Nations and those from diverse backgrounds
- A commitment to self-determination and understanding of the important of Culture and Country.
- Some knowledge of the VET and employment services in Victoria.
- Experience working as part of a small team.
- Ability to set priorities when faced with competing demands and work to a tight timeframe.
- Good written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Current driver’s licence.
- Previous experience working for trade unions and/or related industrial bodies.
- Experience working in employment and / or working knowledge of the Victorian VET system.
- Relevant qualification or experience in social, education or employment services.
The position will report to the Secretary through the Project Coordinator. Attractive salary package, including a monthly RDO and 12% superannuation.
Closing date for applications: Friday 6th November
VTHC Contact: Barbara Huggins, Project Co-ordinator 0478 752 147
Recruitment Contact: Wan-Yaari Aboriginal Consultancy Services 0431 117 088 firstname.lastname@example.org
First Nations People, women and people from diverse backgrounds are strongly encouraged to apply.
To apply, please email your resume and cover letter outlining your experience with the Essential Requirements, to email@example.com